Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Candyman - Top 10

Back to being late. I have no clue why I can never get this done on time! Guess I'll have to start planning a little better.

Yesterday I took the hubby to work, took care of the kids, did some online stuff, talked to my sister in law for a few minutes (if you can, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she's going in for a biopsy surgery consult on Monday...it's pretty nerve wracking and worrisome for all), then headed out for an appointment. I left the house at 11AM and didn't return home until about 4PM. No wonder I didn't really want to be on the computer anymore after that. I did a few chores I needed to get done then sat on the couch for the rest of the night. Thankfully the kids asked for PB&J for dinner and I was more than happy to let my husband make that for them. I had chips...then ice cream after the kids went to bed. Yeah....I'm healthy like that.

Anyway....Yesterday's Tuesday Top 10 (which I'm linking up through Poe at Many Waters) was about Candy since Halloween is coming up...TOMORROW! Where has October gone? The end of the year is going by WAY too fast, especially with my husband leaving again for awhile at the beginning of the year. I have less than a month with him left on offcrew. So not looking forward to the upcoming oncrew season...however, this *should* be his last time out before he's out of the Navy.

Now without further ado....

My top 10 favorite candy (in no particular order) is:

1. Hershey bars - sometimes you just want chocolate
2. Peanut Butter M&M's - Soooooo yummy!
3. Andes Mints - I love minty goodness....and chocolate
4. Junior Mints - Just a different kind of mint...I love these at the movies!
5. Snickers - Chocolate, Caramel and peanuts....yum!
6. Kit Kat - They are chocolate covered wafer bars....can I have some in the different flavors too? May have to try some homemade versions!
7. Frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - Yes...they HAVE to be frozen or I don't enjoy them as much...
8. Peanut M&M's - Because sometimes you don't want peanut butter
9. Almond Joy - Love the flavors and the almond cuts a bit of the sweet which is nice
10. Butterfinger - Again with the peanut butter, only it's little sticky crunchy wafer ribbons of it...nom nom!

Speaking of Halloween and Candy...my kids went Trunk or Treating at our church this past week. They were awesome! My husband and I did a trunk two years in a row, but then when Ric got a little bigger I decided I would rather take the kids around as a family instead of taking turns taking them around so we both got to experience Halloween with them. So...this is the second year (maybe third...) we haven't done a trunk. I think we've got about 2 more years before Cara and Ric can go around by themselves in the parking lot and just check in with us often. I can't wait to start doing trunks again though! I really am hoping we will still be in Washington to enjoy these memories with our friends here.

Anyway, here's a couple pictures from the event. Cara was Rapunzel (Tangled) and Ric was a Knight in Shining Armor (thanks to Josh who made the costume! It only cost us about $8 for the extra glue!)




Look at that turn out! And I couldn't even get everyone in it! Unfortunately my camera died right after this shot (forgot to charge up the batteries...ugh!) so I only have iPhone pictures from Josh's phone after that...they didn't turn out well enough for me to post on here.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week and a very fun, safe and Happy Halloween! We haven't figured out if we're going out trick or treating again tomorrow (probably not...) or just staying home to watch a movie (Harry Potter anyone?) but either way, it will be family time for sure!

What are you doing to celebrate Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment